There’s some big Android news coming out of the Acer camp today! The first Android phone out of the gate with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor will belong to their new “Liquid” series of handsets. With a High Definition, Wide-VGA capacitive touchscreen, a 5MP camera, and “no idle-time”, this ain’t your buddy’s G1 were talking about here.
Other fun Acer Liquid stuff gleaned from the press release:
- HSPA Connectivity
- Android 1.6 (Donut)
- Wide-VGA (presumed to be 800×480) touch screen
- 5 MP camera with geo-tagging, ISO, self-timer options and accelerated auto-focus performance
- Acer-designed power management system for longer battery
- A new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks
- Exclusive Spinlets™ application providing free streaming of worldwide music and video, that can be shared with friends and family through web-posting or e-mail
- Smart integration of Facebook™, Twitter™, Youtube™, Picasa™ and Flickr™ in the address book, with realtime notification of status or content updates
No word on when, where, or with which carrier(s) it will be released, but it’s exciting news nonetheless!
I wonder if we’ll see Picasa integration come to already released Android phones?
One of my sources was on-hand today at the event in London where the phone was shown off. Here are some pic’s to tide you over.