- Text messages
- VM not playing on BlueTooth
- EVDO showing Rev0 instead of RevA
- MMS can’t be sent over WiFi
- Can’t delete GMail account
- Slow Connection
- Duplicate Contacts
- Graphics on Accuweather not rendering
- Sprint Navigation opening and running in the background on its own
- Clock Widget showing incorrect time with all widgets except the combined clock/weather widget
- Closing Peep closes the weather on the clock weather widget
- Browser doesn’t close
- Applications renaming themselves from proper name to com.whatever.something
- Native Messaging App opening the dialer
- Native Messaging App preventing the phone from sleeping
- Delay in receiving SMS messages
- Headset putting out mono instead of stereo
Now on to the interesting portion of my conversation with HTC. The HTC Sense UI and 1.6 were having problems getting along prior to release. Sprint didn’t want to release the Hero running stock Android so the development team at HTC back ported CDMA capabilities into 1.5 which they believe is behind all the problems listed above. According to HTC the issues between 1.6 and Sense were worked out, the update to 1.6 has been ready for release since October 17, 2009, Sprint has not responded to HTC on how they want to handle the update, in essence Sprint has not approved the release. Even more interesting is the fact that HTC almost has the bugs worked out between Sense & 2.0 which should be ready for release shortly.
Will Sprint skip right over 1.6 and go to 2.0 or will they leave us stuck with the growing list of problems and 1.5?
HTC’s suggestion was to have everyone with an issue call and report their issues directly to Sprint and hopefully this will light a fire under Sprints proverbial butt.
We have contacted Sprint Corporate at this time they have not responded to our request for more information. If anyone from Sprint would like to set the record straight please contact us: