- Google Android OS updates are coming for the HTC Hero and Samsung Moment. While he didn’t specify a version – 1.6 or 2.0 – HTC has previously confirmed that they’re working on an Android 2.0 update for the Hero.
- Combination CDMA/GSM Android phones are also “a possibility but nothing this year.”
- They’re considering an Android phone with a built-in MiFi-type router.
- Android phones will get less expensive “as we see volume across the industry.”
- Lots of HTC and BlackBerry phones coming next year. HTC phones “will be on the Android platform.”
- Sprint will “add Wi-Fi to [the BlackBerry] Tour” and have other Wi-Fi BlackBerries going forward.
- They’re testing Windows Mobile 6.5 updates for the HTC Touch Pro2 and other Windows phones; “plan for early 2010.”
- They want Windows Mobile 7.0 “as soon as possible, but dependent on Microsoft.”
- Expect WiMAX phones next year.
- No tethering for phones that require Everything plans (such as all smartphones) from here on out.
So, some stuff we knew, some we didn’t, but it’s all welcome and interesting. Looks like 2010 will be a very big year for Android.